Friday, April 22, 2011

Turkey Burger with Halloumi cheese

Today was a wonderful day of relaxing, surfing the net, watching movies with Natalie, and listening to the rain.  Natalie and I ran a few errands then went to the Fitness Center for cardio and strength training – for me, not Nattie. 
On the way home we dropped by Harris Teeter to pick up some fresh ground turkey burgers for supper.  These patties are already patted out using lean ground turkey.
The bride prepared corn on the cob for our side, and I fired up the grill. 
I then sliced up the tomatoes, onions, and halloumi cheese, then went out to put the burgers and halloumi on the grill.  Of course, the thermometer was not where it was supposed to be, so I checked the gas.  You got it – empty!  Fortunately, I have a spare tank and had it hooked up and running in moments.  Then put the cheese and burgers on the grill.
Halloumi cheese is from Cypress in the Mediterranean.  It has a high melting point which allows it to be grilled.  It is very good.
The turkey burgers I buy are not very thick, therefore they cook fast – which is what was needed for tonight.  Once everything was ready, I took it all inside for the assembly!

3 comments:

Kim - Liv Life said...

Now that is a sandwich!! I just discovered this site called "werd.com" and they feature "man food". I'd say they'd like this! You should submit.
I have a 14 year old son who would love this, I'm guessing he'd need two!

RavieNomNoms said...

I am IN LOVE with turkey burgers. I just recently got my bf to eat them after he got over his fear of them being dry. Which the aren't if you make them right!! This looks SO delicious!

The Solar Powered Umbrella said...

Great read thankyoou