Saturday, April 23, 2011

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Yay! Patrick came home from college tonight.  Fortunately for him he let me know he would be here for supper earlier in the week.  I decided boneless chicken breasts would be good for dinner.  I just wasn’t sure what to do with it.  Should I grill it?  How about a good stir-fry?  Fajita’s?  These just weren’t what I wanted to create.

The day was a busy on, many errands to run and items to prepare for our trip to New York City.  (We embark tomorrow! Woo hoo!!)  I still had to get my workout in, and while putting my hour in on the elliptical I had an epiphany with the chicken.  I’d STUFF them!   Hhmm…  Stuffed breasts…  Am I a cook, a plastic surgeon, or back in middle school???  


Still trying to clean out the fridge before departing, I would stuff the boneless beauties with fat-free Feta, mushrooms, and roasted red peppers.  I know what you’re thinking, “those must be some might voluptuous breasts!”.   They’re normal size, so we must accommodate with the food processor.















Once the mixture is ready, prepare the breasts by cutting them down the side with a very sharp knife.   Now, this is where the term “stuffed” breasts comes from, stuff the mixture into the breasts.  Place the stuffed breasts into a baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.  Place in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for  30 minutes or until cooked to the appropriate temperature.  (I always use a meat thermometer!)





























I served these breasts with Jasmine rice with a cream of chicken gravy,  garden peas, and fresh sautéed zucchini.  Patrick was impressed as was my lovely bride.  It was a good meal and good to have Patrick home even if just for a short visit.  I wonder what I’ll fix for Matthew when he comes home for the summer on May 4th?  I have time to figure out a good one!




6 comments:

Jen said...

YUM!!! Don't know if I'd like feta though. Is it strong?

Richard said...

Jen- No, it's not strong, but it tends to taste a little salty. I didn't add salt to the chicken so that the feta does the trick.

Megan @ Pip & Ebby said...

Oh wow, this sounds incredibly delicious! Feta, mushrooms and peppers??? Heaven!

RavieNomNoms said...

Oh my gosh! I love this recipe! I adore feta so much and this just looks simply amazing!

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Mmmm this looks delicious, I must try this myself! Glad I found your blog and happy to be a new follower! :)
http://www.cookskinny.blogspot.com/

Slacker Par Excellence said...

Great posst thanks