Friday, April 8, 2011

Turkey Burger with Guacamole

The girls left me to fend for myself this weekend.  They are off to play nurse-maid to her brother.  Hope he mends no matter what those two do to him....

So cooking for one, I decided on what to eat for dinner?  A big steak? No.  A nice tuna filet? No.  I was in the mood for a burger, but not just any burger.  I wanted a guacamole burger. 

I had a couple avocodo's sitting on the counter that were getting ripe, so I made a batch of guacamole.  It's great as a dip for my chips and for spreading on a burger too!


Tonight's burger is easy - FROZEN.  No, they are not as good as patted out with spices and so forth, but on a Friday night when cooking for one - PERFECT.  Plus, they're not to bad either.

So, I have my Arnold Whole Wheat Sandwich round ready here with romaine lettuce and some feta cheese.


I decided to slice an onion and throw it on the grill as well with a little olive oil drizzled on it. 





Tonight's meal ran around 500 calories.  Avocodo's run high in calories, but are a good fat for your heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good!