Monday, April 4, 2011

Meatless Lasagna Roll Ups

Ingredients:

6 whole wheat lasgna noodles
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
12oz chunky salsa (mild, medium or hot - you choose)
1 15oz can black beans (drained and rinse)
2oz fat free feta cheese crumbles
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin






Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. Cook noodles as directed, drain and rinse to keep from sticking.

2. While noodles boil, mix cottage cheese, feta cheese, chili powder, black beans, 1/2 cup of salsa and cumin in a large bowl.

3. Spray a 7 x 11 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.

4. Take a noodle and spread mixture onto the length of it. Take one end and roll like a jelly roll. Place in casserole dish.
* - this is a messy process. Scoop up the "fall-out" at the end and put on top of the roll ups.

5. Once all six roll ups are in the dish, and the "fall-out" spread on top, spoon remaining salsa over the tops of the roll ups.

6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
      

Summary-
Since my doctor threatened me with the possibility of cholesterol medication next visit if I don't start doing something,  I decided to start doing something.  First, I am exercising regularly, and eating much healthier.  (I've now lost 27 lbs since seeing the doc last time!)

I try to go meatless for supper one night a week.  This week we have Meatless Monday.

This concoction was very tasty and allowed me to have a "second helping" without any guilt!

What do you think?  Do you try to watch your cholesterol?  Calories?  Leave me a comment on your thoughts and opinions! 


 
 

1 comment:

Linda said...

I've been enjoying reading your blog. You seem to enjoy cooking! Glad to see your taking care of your health and even participating in Meatless Mondays! Me too! I've looked at a few of your recipes and they all looked delicious. When I saw this and that you used cottage cheese I had to finally stop to comment - I use cottage cheese too! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and have a great night!