Friday, April 15, 2011

Cold Cut Wrap

Tonight's fare was simple.  We had leftovers from last night's throw together.  The Sausage and Cabbage was better tonight after the flavors blended and sat in the fridge overnight! 

The ease of just reheating supper made the cardio work out on the Rail Trail much more relaxing this afternoon.


For my readers outside of the area, (yes, both of you) the Rail Trail is a former railway line that the city/county municipalities converted into a recreational area for walking, jogging, biking, roller-blading and so forth.  Pets are welcomed as long as they are leashed and you curb them.  (Note for another blog- PLEASE CURB THEM!!)

Besides the asphalted trail that leads from Ebenezer Park to McLeod Health and Fitness Center (approx. 1.8 miles one way), there are nature trails that wind through and near Jefferies Creek.  It is a very serene place with birds, squirrels and a multitude of flora.

The trail is great this time of year with all the new foliage giving off that bright, light, new green of spring.  The birds and squirrels are very active too.  (They're active because this is a hard to find food time seed wise... Bugs are becoming plentiful though!)  Speaking of 'bugs', the trail had several different types of butterflies today.

I usually take my six year old daughter into the Fitness center, then I proceed to one end of the trail and back prior to working out on the weight machines.  It was a great day.

Hmm? What? The food?  OH YES! My food blog.  Well, since you know what I had for supper, I will share my healthy lunch that I "plastic bag" it in to school.  My lunch bags are recycled grocery bags.  I use them as trash bags later in the day too.



This morning while preparing breakfast, I also packed my lunch.  By the time I finished eating breakfast everything for my mid-day meal was packed and ready to go.

Start with an 8in whole wheat flour tortilla.  I added three slices of Oscar Mayer Deli Style oven roasted turkey and three slices of the Black Forrest Ham.

Spread 2 Tbsp of hummus on the lunch meat. Cut baby carrots and grape tomatoes in half and stick into the hummus.  Salt and pepper to taste.





Add chopped romaine and roll/fold your wrap.




The entire wrap runs around 240 calories with 8 grams of fat.  This depends greatly on your tortilla.  I use a 100 calorie version from Walmart.  Flat Out Light wraps are good too at only 90 calories.

Accompanying this wrap today was a Ziploc bag filled with 15 Special K Cracker Chips with Sea Salt. (another 55 calories)  For dessert?  Yes, a naval orange. (70 calories)

Lunch was filling, tasty, and only 370 calories!

ENJOY! 

What do you normally eat for lunch at work?





No comments: