Monday, April 18, 2011

Chicken Sausage Stir-Fry



I love a good stir fry, and it all starts with the onions!!  I believe a man would chew his right arm off to get to a pot of simmering onions on the stove after a single day.


Tonight, I’m still cleaning out the fridge and pantry since we leave for NYC on Easter Sunday.  The boys will not cook, so it will go to waste if I don’t clean it out this week!

I sliced three onions and two sweet peppers (one red, one green).  I also took the four remaining Member’s Mark chicken sausages (Mozzarella & Roasted Garlic) and sliced them into rounds. 


Start by slow cooking the onions over medium heat with a little olive oil, then reduce the heat to simmer.  Stirring every 5 minutes or so until nice and caramelized.  Then, add the peppers, and sausage.  I also added about a cup of remaining snow peas, and half a cup of mushrooms. (Who knew cleaning could taste so good?)













A little more olive oil is added to keep the mix moist, but not soaked.  Salt and pepper to taste and stir every so often.

I prepared a tossed salad with romaine hearts, carrot pieces, red onions, tomato, green onion, croutons, pep porcini, and my favorite salad dressing – Kraft Light Catalina. 


All served up this meal is less than 500 calories!



 
ENJOY!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I too am cleaning out my freezer and fridge this week! I wonder if I have any of these ingredients hiding anywhere? This looks wonderful :)

Richard said...

It was very good! I had enough left over for tomorrow's lunch at school too!!

Anonymous said...

I've gotten into the habit of only making stir frys with chicken breasts. Your chicken sausage meal looks fantastic! And I bet the sausage would seriously please the hubs. Thanks for the idea :)

Linda said...

Nice meal and photos! Fresh and easy to make after a busy day. And it's true how a great meal can come from cleaning out the fridge before a trip. Enjoy NYC!

Kristen said...

What a great creation. It looks delicious.

Torviewtoronto said...

colourful with the peppers
thank you for the add

Anonymous said...

Your pics are so good! Crisp and clear. I can see the sweat on the wine glass! Kim

Kate said...

This chicken and sausage stir-fry is making my mouth water at my desk! Looks delicious. Thanks so much for sharing!