Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pork Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Tonight's supper came from inspiration.  My bride bought me a large head of cabbage knowing I'm the only cabbage lover in the house.  I decided to use the cabbage in a way that if she didn't want to eat it she could easily remove it.  The following is my own creation to that means...

Ingredients

1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
15oz lean, boneless pork chops
4 large cabbage leaves
1 8.8oz package of instant wild rice
1 large onion rough chop
1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
1 can tomato sauce

 

Directions
 
1. In a large pot of boiling water, add the 4 cabbage leaves. Cook about 4-5 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
2. In a large skillet brown the pork. After a few minutes, add onions. When onions are translucent, add tomatoes and spices.
 


3. Cook rice in microwave as directed, then add to skillet. Mix to blend all ingredients.

4. Remove from heat. Divide skillet into four equal parts.

5. Spoon each divided section into the middle of a cabbage leaf. Roll up.
 

6. Place the 4 cabbage roll ups into a 7x11 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
 
 Then top with can of tomato sauce.

7. Place casserole in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.


 
Oh! Just so you know... my bride ate the cabbage too!
 
Each serving is 365 calories with 16 grams of fat.
 
ENJOY!!
 

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love stuffed cabbage, it was my mom speciality. I never had like that with pork, must be delicious.