Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sautéed Corn

Ok, so it’s been awhile since my last blog post.  We’ve been having some repeats and visiting the beach so … I’m back.

While at the beach I was able to use my 25th wedding anniversary gift from my bride – my private cooking lesson with Chef Brad from Croissants Bistro and Bakery.  So much fun!  I’ll share a few of those recipes the next few days! 
Tonight was one of those I learned with Chef Brad – fresh sautéed corn .
It starts with fresh corn cut off the cob.  Tonight I just cut one ear for the two of us. (Natalie was eating pizza at a friend’s house across the street.)  I sliced some fresh garlic and added about a tablespoon or two of fresh oregano leaves given a rough chop, six grape tomatoes sliced in half, four baby carrots chopped and some olive oil. 
Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat.  Add garlic and cook for about a minute until lightly browned.  Add corn, herbs, and carrots.  Cook for about 4 minutes stirring occasionally.  Add the slice tomatoes and cook another minute.  Remove from heat and plate.
I served this as a side for the pan-fried tilapia with squash puree sauce and rice.  It was super!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, this looks fantastic. I'm embarrassed to admit that I usually just rip open a bag of frozen corn, pop it in the microwave and serve it. I'll have to change my evil ways.

Cooking Katie said...

Great post, thankyou