Thursday, April 26, 2012

Healthy Chicken Quesadillas


Last night my bride was working out of town and had dinner with the eldest offspring, while the princess ate at church before her Spring Play rehearsal.  This left me home alone with leftovers in the fridge.  What to do?  What to do?

I hadn't taken the leftover  Chicken Burrito Mix to school for lunch yesterday, so I thought I might do something with that.  Although the burritos were good, I didn't want another one for supper.  I decided to make a quesadilla.

In a skillet I heated the leftover mix, adding just a bit more salsa as it seemed a little drier.


Then I sprayed my large skillet with non-stick spray and heated it to medium.  I placed my tortilla in the skillet and put a bit of the mixture on to one side of the tortilla.  I then added a 1/4 cup of fat free shredded cheese and a slice of Borden's Fat Free Pepperjack cheese.  Then I folded the other half over the mix and pressed it with the spatula.


After a minute or so on this side, I flipped it over to finish "browning" the other side. 


I still had some leftover lettuce and diced tomatoes too!  I sliced an avocado to go with it!  YUMMERS!

All of this was right around 430 calories. (That is with a 100+ from the avocado too!)

I would have another tonight, but since it's my 26th wedding anniversary .... I think we may have plans.   I don't know how I've been married 26 years!!  My wife only looks 28!

ENJOY!

10 comments:

Jess said...

The quesadilla looks delicious! Happy Anniversary. :)

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! Your wife needs to give you an extra-special kiss for that remark. Very sweet. I love your idea of leftovers, Richard. I think we'll be doing something similar tonight, but on a pizza crust.

Christine's Pantry said...

I love quesadillas, and your quesadillas looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

We love quesadillas!!! These look delicious!!!

Jane and Lorraine said...

These look amazing! I will have to give these a try! Happy Anniversary! :-)

Dawnye7 said...

Good idea Richard. This is a winner.

Torviewtoronto said...

quesadillas look wonderful

April said...

Quesadilla looks delish! Great way to use leftovers, and Congrats on the Anniversary :) Hope you guys had a blast celebrating!

Renee @ Tortillas and Honey said...

This is a great idea! I love quesadillas with black beans, but I've never made them. I don't know why??? Now I have a recipe that I can use two ways! Thanks!

kale said...

26 years is quite an achievement! Congrats!