Monday, April 9, 2012

Fast, Easy, and Healthy Breakfast

Breakfast is an important meal.  I know some say, it is the most important meal, and I will agree that when one is trying to eat healthy this is extremely true.  You see if one gets off track right from the start, it's easy to stay off track all day.  It's kind of like running.  If you set a goal for how far you want to run before you stop, and then you stop before you hit that goal - you will continue to stop along the way many more times.

Here is a simple start to the day.  It's quick.  It's easy.  It's nutritious.  It may not be 'filling', as in the Cracker Barrel Country Boy Breakfast (679 calories and 45 grams of fat), but this breakfast will get the job done at 177 calories and 6 grams of fat.

1 hard boiled egg peeled and sliced
1 Arnold mini flat bread
1 slice Kraft fat free sharp cheddar
1 tsp of Hellman's reduced fat Mayo
10 grapes
Salt  & Pepper to taste

Just a note- Take the time to bite, chew and taste your breakfast.  If you wolf it down in the morning rush.. it doesn't matter what you eat.  Your brain will be seeking something to eat once you settle down.  Take five and enjoy your food.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You've got one of my favorite breakfasts there, Richard. I usually go with a whole grain English muffin though and can even forego the mayo because of the oozy Cheddar (the picture of which makes me want to swipe my finger on my monitor). I guess I know what's for breakfast tomorrow!

Peggy said...

I love simple breakfasts like this! Sounds delicious =)

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

My Hubby would love this for breakfast! What a way to start a day! Thank you for sharing, Richard!

Ice Cream Recipes said...

Thank yyou for sharing