Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fresh Berry Smoothie


Natalie woke us up this morning with breakfast in bed for her mommy.  She said mommy has been working so hard to take care of daddy she wanted to make breakfast for her. (Since my flu and bronchitis illness, my bride has been taking good care of me.)  Natalie prepared toast with butter and jelly, coffee prepared correctly with cream and Splenda, and blackberries and strawberries.  The strawberries she even capped herself.  She wheeled the breakfast place setting to our door using an old microwave cart.  It was awesome!  I’m so proud of her.

Natalie’s timing was perfect today as Stephanie was worn out herself.  Feeling a bit better myself, I tried taking care of her some.  For lunch I took some of the berries and made her a smoothie.  I got to use my Ninja!

 
Ingredients-

½ cup vanilla coffee creamer
½ cup low fat milk
1 Tbsp.  Splenda
½ cup fresh blackberries
½ cup fresh strawberries
3 cups of ice cubes

What to do-

Put all of it in the blender/Ninja and mix until smooth.


 
Top with a couple berries and insert a straw!
 
Enjoy!

No comments: