Monday, June 6, 2011

ANGRY Shrimp

In my cooking lesson with Chef Brad from Crossaints Bistro & Bakery, I learned how to make foods ANGRY.  You have to have a blend of chopped Cherry Peppers in your fridge! 
It’s quite simple.  Purchase a jar of pickled cherry peppers.  Remove the stems and run them through the food processor.   Put them back in the jar with the original pickle juice and you are all set for making dishes ANGRY!

Now my ANGRY shrimp are actually more “disgruntled” than ANGRY.  I am the only one that likes ANGRY food in the house, so I have to watch my “temper” when cooking. 

Ingredients
1 cup uncooked Jasmine rice
1 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp light margarine
1 cup white wine
4 Tbsp fat free creme cheese
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2lbs shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup of chopped green onions

Directions
Cook 1 cup of Jasmine rice per package instructions.
In a large skillet or dutch oven heat oil over medium high heat. Add fresh chopped thyme and garlic cooking for a minute or two.
Add the "cherry bombs" and red pepper flake stir to mix. Add the wine and margarine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
Add creme cheese and stir to melt down.


Add shrimp cooking and green onions for about five minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir occassionally.










 



If it starts to get a little to thick add a few tablespoons of water to mixture. I usually add a couple, but it varies.

Serve over rice.
ENJOY!

3 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Mmm, I like my food to be furious.

suzy eats said...

haha...angry food. great term. this looks delicious.

LTWW said...

Where is Crossaints Bistro & Bakery?