Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Baked Fish A Simple Dish


       I don’t like fish, it tastes so…fishy!  I’d eat more fish, but it’s so hard to cook.   I like fish, but I have no idea how to cook it.   The only way I know how to cook fish is to fry it.    Anyone else hear these comments from time to time?

     Many, many moons ago, when I was a younger man, these were also comments I made.  The only fish I liked back then was those stick fish found in the frozen food section in a box called Gorton’s or Mrs. Paul’s.  That was then, this is now.  Now, I like fish.  I like fish cooked many different ways – except fried.  I also found that fish is not only easy to cook; it is also a quick fix for a week night meal.
     Tilapia is my inexpensive fish of choice for a quick, healthy weeknight meal.  I usually get mine from my favorite local grocer when it is on sale.  I purchase it by the case. Each filet is individually wrapped, which makes defrosting fast in a sink full of water.  Three filets in a sink of cold water will thaw out in about 12-15 minutes.

Here’s how simple it is.


Ingredients –
3 - Tilapia filets; thawed, rinsed and patted dry   
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Tony’s Creole Seasoning
Non-stick cooking spray





What to do-

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Coat a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Drizzle a little olive oil in the dish, then add the filets.

 
Drizzle just a bit of oil on the fish and rub in to cover the fish.

Add salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle the Creole Seasoning to taste.  (This creole seasoning is not hot.  It may cause a slight tingling on the lips, but so will black pepper.  The creole seasoning is a perfect match for this light fish)


Place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.


When the timer goes off, turn the oven to BROIL and crack the oven door open.  Allow the fish to broil for about a minute or two, but keep a close eye on it.

 
Remove, serve and ENJOY!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Richard! I'm going to see if I can get my husband to eat this! I think I'll tell him it's chicken to get him to try it! -Mallory

Cubic Zirconia Machine Cut said...

I like your post very much i had nice time while reading your post.

Real Estates in Chennai said...

Awesome tips! I wish I would have read your ideas pre starting my blog!