Friday, March 23, 2012

It's a WRAP..Veggie and Cold Cut Wraps.

I said in my last post, Lunch Crunch, planning ahead is crucial to eating healthy during meal time at work.  As an itinerant teacher moving from school to school each day, I utilize my lunchmate cooler.  Many times I am packing my leftovers from meals made the night before, but occassionally I have to result to cold cuts - hence my veggie and cold cut wraps.

I make these in the morning before heading out.  Put them in the cooler with some Special K Cracker Chips and I'm good to go for a light lunch!


Ingredients-
Ole Spinach tortilla wrap - (75 calories)
Fat Free Ham (I use DAK ham from Sam's Club) 30 calories per slice (1-2 slices)
2 - 3 Baby Carrots sliced and quartered length-wise

1 Tbsp. sliced green onion
A few banana pepper slices
1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss cheese (35 calories)
1 Tbsp red onion, chopped
2 leaves of Romaine lettuce
Horseradish mustard by French's (or your brand)
3-4 grape tomatoes sliced in half

Start with the ham, it will keep the wrap from getting to moist
 
This mustard is perfect for wraps, but use your favorite mustard
Ready to "Roll 'Em Up!"



Wrap it in plastic wrap and pack it in the cooler.  Don't forget to pack your Cracker Chips and a piece of fruit for a snack and you're ready to roll in ten minutes or so.

(* Sometimes I make two and put one in the fridge to save time for the NEXT morning.)

Enjoy!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love wraps like this and am trying to get Dudette to as well. I put something at least a little similar in her lunch every once in a while. At this age all she's interested in is peanut butter and jelly, which is beyond me. What you've put together there is so amazing. I'd be after that in a heartbeat!

Oishii Treats said...

Hi Richard I wanted to let you know I nominated your for the "Versatile Blogger Award" I enjoy your blog and all the recipes you post. if you check my latest post you can learn more about the award and nominate your favorite blogs as well. take care :)

Christine's Pantry said...

Looks good! I like that this is so low in calories.

Anonymous said...

This looks really good and probably tastes as good as it looks too. I will have to make this for me and mom.